The Blake Athletic Department is excited to announce the launch of the online registration program for the upcoming winter sports season through the myMCPS Parent Portal. The portal will officially open on Monday, October 16, 2017 (at 6:00 a.m.) and will feature registration for all high school interscholastic athletic teams. The myMCPS Parent Portal is a secure, user-friendly online registration platform designed to provide a convenient registration process for our students and parents/guardians. Additionally, the portal will help MCPS Athletics become more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
Note: If you are having difficulty logging into the myMCPS portal, please contact the main office at Blake 240-740-1400 (during school hours) or you can email Mr. Jared Fribush, Athletic Director at Blake High School, for login information for parents.
Winter sports tryouts are scheduled to begin for most sports on November 15th. Information about tryouts will be posted on our Tryouts page, and will be updated frequently as we get closer to the start of winter sports.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Jared Fribush, Athletic Director at Blake High School.
Information for Registration
To begin, in order to register and access online registration, parents/guardians must confirm their login information to the myMCPS Parent Portal. myMCPS login information was mailed home for all students. Parents/guardians who need login information for the portal should contact the school. Parents/guardians can find support materials for using the myMCPS Parent Portal at http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/mymcps-classroom/.
During registration, parents/guardians will need to verify information about the student-athlete’s medical providers, health insurance, health history, immunizations, physical exams and medications. MCPS Form SR-8, Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics must be completed prior to student participation in tryouts and practices. Parent/guardians can upload the electronic copy of the Physical – Clearance Form OR provide a hard copy to the athletic director. (Note: any Physical Clearance Forms that were submitted to the school prior to the winter season have already been uploaded to your student’s account).
Registration for winter sports should be completed by November 13, 2017. The first day of tryouts/practices for winter sports is November 15, 2017.
Registration Quick Tips
Two versions of step-by-step directions are linked here: myMCPSParentPortalAthletics_v1 (with screen shots) and
MCPS Athletics Online Registration Directions – Condensed (without screen shots).
Step 1: Open the Athletic Registration Application from the myMCPS Parent Portal
- Chrome is the recommended internet browser
- The athletics registration platform is not yet fully user friendly with a cell phone
Step 2: Review the instructions for completing Athletic Registration forms
- Step-by-step directions for completing the forms are attached to this email
- Directions are also available on the MCPS Athletics website.
Step 3: Complete the Athletic Registration Forms
- Contact the student’s school to update demographic information in student-athletes record if incorrect information is displayed
- Wrestling has an additional form for parent/guardians to complete during registration
Step 4: Review and Submit Athletic Registration Forms
- Parent/guardians should print or save a Submission Confirmation page for their records
- Student-athletes should submit a hard copy of the Physical Clearance Form to their respective coach or athletic director, if the form was not uploaded electronically during the online registration process.
Thank you in advance for your support as we transition the registration process for MCPS Athletics to the myMCPS Portal. We look forward to another exciting season of MCPS Athletics!